According to the latest studies, Chronic Illnesses are the leading causes of death. The most affected age group with these diseases is 30-59 years, but as age increases, the chances of someone suffering from any of these chronic diseases increase. But, men in comparison are at higher risk than women.
What is a Chronic Disease?
The two types of diseases existing are; acute and chronic. The ones that last for a shorter period, and recovering from them is easy with simple treatment and rest, are the acute diseases. Chronic Diseases or Illnesses are ones that an individual suffers from for prolonged periods or their lifetime. They are usually incurable and may require continuous treatment and monitoring.
Though common, they can remain undiagnosed and untreated for years and can even turn deadly. The lack of proper education and knowledge is the cause of this. However, by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices, these diseases are potentially preventable.
The seven most common chronic diseases include:
How to prevent heart disease naturally? Despite being challenging, there are natural ways to prevent heart diseases.
- Eat a healthy diet and ensure some physical activity
- Keep your blood pressure in check
- Cholesterol and triglyceride levels should be controlled with relevant food intake.
- Consuming Omega-3 rich food
- Avoid smoking and limit your alcohol consumption
How to prevent cancer naturally? Though cancer is deadly, there are natural ways to reduce the probability of its occurrence:
- Do not use tobacco
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle by staying physically active
- Practice safe sex and do not share needles
- Get vaccinated and regular medical check-ups
Diabetes is one of the most dangerous chronic illnesses. If not taken proper care of, it can lead to other severe complications like heart or kidney diseases. It even leads to death in some cases.
The chronic disease symptoms of diabetes are easily notable. They may include increased thirst, hunger and urination, fatigue, unexplained weight loss, and many more. In India, most of the diabetic patients were in the age group of 55-70 years. But today, even the youth can suffer from type 2 diabetes.
How to prevent diabetes naturally? Diabetes may be a serious disease, but it can be prevented naturally:
- Make water your primary beverage
- Cut down sugar and carbs from your diet
- Work out for at least 30 minutes
- Do not smoke and follow a healthy diet
The thyroid controls our bodily metabolism, so an imbalance in the hormone level disturbs the overall body functions. You are at a higher risk of suffering from thyroid if there’s a family history, deficiency of iodine, or if you suffer from another medical condition. But it can be controlled and taken care of with suitable treatment.
How to prevent thyroid naturally? Thyroid can be prevented by taking the following precautions:
- Add selenium and Vitamin-B to your diet
- Adopt a gluten-free diet
- Take Iodine supplements
- Regular practice of Yoga Asanas like Ujjayi Pranayama
Obesity increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension, etc., irrespective of age. It occurs due to several genetic, behavioural, and hormonal factors. It shouldn’t be taken lightly as proper treatment can control it and make it possible for the individual to live a healthy life.
How to prevent obesity naturally? Obesity may look dangerous, but it is easy to prevent naturally:
- Consume protein-rich food like lentils and eggs
- Avoid processed foods and refined carbs in your diet
- 30 mins of brisk walking or 15 minutes of running along with an active lifestyle
- Avoid liquid calories.
How to prevent hypertension naturally? Hypertension can be prevented naturally by these following methods:
- If you’re overweight, lose the extra pounds
- Less sodium and more potassium in your diet
- Exercise regularly and stay physically active
- Managing stress
How to prevent asthma naturally? Asthma is an easily preventable disease, all with a little extra care and effort!
- Manage your diet and look out for the food items that can cause allergies
- Regular breathing exercises and yoga too can help
- Acupuncture therapy
- Steam baths
Though these chronic diseases are deadly to human life, with little tweaks in your lifestyle and appropriate measures, you can reduce the risks. Regular exercise, yoga, a healthy balanced diet, regular visits to your physician, and you’re good to go!
Shop products for combating chronic diseases here.